|Chlorpyrifos has been recommended by Civil engineers, and Pest control specialists ,to be used in building sites in the base where the pillars and the foundation of the building is laid ,it is used as a soil treatment ,to ensure that in future no termites are either able to tunnel through the pillar cracks ,walls and the building ,or destroy any wooden structure that may be bound with the concrete.Super Agro India has brought an unique formulation, named Trasco TERMICON T.C. which is based on Chlorpyrifos 50% E.C. commercially available for all commercial applications in the construction sector.
The active ingredient in TERMICON T.C. is Chlorpyrifos 50% E.C. , which is a chemical approved for pre and post construction Termite control by Central Insecticides Board Government of India and is the only chemical recommended by Bureau of Indian Standards (IS 6313:1981-part II &III)
Why should you use TRASCO TERMICON T.C. for Termite Control ?
- TRASCO TERMICON T.C. is purely based on Chlorpyrifos 50% E.C. which is an internationally approved chemical for Termite Control.
- TRASCO TERMICON T.C. is formulated from >99% pure Chlorpyrifos, which makes the product absolutely free from toxic impurities and hazards.
- TRASCO TERMICON T.C. has been claimed to be the most effective formulation, after strict trials in the field.
- TRASCO TERMICON T.C. is recommended by the company at only 1% concentration, for use commercially.
- TRASCO TERMICON T.C. is the most popular Termiticide with the Builders and house hold owners.
- TRASCO TERMICON T.C. has anti leaching properties by which this costly chemical is not wasted on application.
- TRASCO TERMICON T.C. is highly toxic to Termites, yet very safe to human and house hold pets.
What are Termites ?
Termites are the most common and economically important wood-destroying organisms in India . Termites feed on materials that contain cellulose, primarily dead wood and wood by-products. Subterranean termites are closely associated with the soil habitat where they excavate a network of tunnels through the soil to reach water and food. These termites need moisture to survive.
Termites are social insects that live in colonies that may contain hundreds of thousands of individuals. Termite colony members are dispersed throughout the soil and can extend underground tunnels tens to hundreds of feet to reach feeding sites. Each termite colony contains three forms or castes, which are the workers, soldiers, and reproductives. These castes are physically distinct and perform different tasks in the termite society.
Workers are about 1/8 inch long and are blind, wingless, soft-bodied, creamy white to grayish-white with a round head. Workers are the most numerous individuals in a termite colony, and they are the termite caste that actually eats the wood. These sterile individuals forage for food and water, construct and repair shelter tubes, feed and groom other termites, care for eggs and young, and participate in colony defense.
Soldiers are also wingless and resemble workers except that they have a large, rectangular, yellowish-brown head with large mandibles (jaws). The soldiers’ primary function is colony defense.
Male and female reproductives can be winged (primary) or wingless (neotenic). Each can produce new offspring. Winged primary reproductives are called alates or swarmers. However, they shed their wings soon after flight.. A pair of primary reproductives that heads a colony is called the king and queen. Neotenic reproductives often serve as replacements if something happens to the king and queen. Neotenic reproductives are generally yellow or mottled black and the female’s abdomen may be distended due to developing eggs.
Detection of Termites:
Mud Tubes :
Other signs of termite presence include mud tubes and mud protruding from cracks between boards and beams, termites transport soil and water above ground to construct earthen runways (shelter tubes) that allow them to tunnel across exposed areas to reach wood. Shelter tubes protect them from the drying effects of air and from natural enemies, such as ants.
Termite damage to the wood’s surface often is not evident because termites excavate galleries within materials as they feed. Wood attacked by subterranean termites generally has a honeycombed appearance because termites feed along the grain on the softer spring growth wood.
Damage to Buildings:
Termites can extensive damage to buildings in course of time by making galleries within the cracks and spaces , if the foundation and base of the building is not treated with a Termiticide. Hence for all new constructions Trasco TERMICON should be used .
Recommendation for Using Trasco TERMICON T.C. during construction:
Trasco TERMICON T.C. Application Recommendations for existing buildings.
- Make a 1% solution Of Trasco Termicon T.C. 50%E.C. by dissolving 1 liter of Trasco TERMICON T.C. in 49 Lits of water. This Emulsion of the Termiticide is ready for application at the foundation sites ,then apply as suggested.
- For the 1st stage of application of the solution that has been made apply this solution uto 30 cm height at the bottom surface and the sides upto 30 cms of all the excavations in the vicinity of the base made for the column pits, wall trenches and basements @ 5 liters per Sq meter area of the surface area.
- For the IInd stage Treat the excavated and refilled earth on bothe the sides of the built up walls (approximately with 30 cm width and 45 cms deep @ 7.5 Liter of vertical surface of the sub-structure.
- For the III rd stage treat the top surface which has been leveled before casting the floor @ 5 Lits /Sq meter , it is also advisable that 5 cm deep rod holes , 30 cms apart be made to facilitate absorption.
Post Construction Treatment :
Make a 1% solution of Trasco Termicon T.C. and the same should be injected in the soil in the immediate vicinity of walls or buildings, by removing the earth with a shovel and then drill 30cm diameter, and 50 cm deep, 15-20 cm apart holes and inject the emulsion @ 1.75 L per running meter. While refilling the earth which had been removed ,please treat the earth @ 0.5 L of the emulsion per running meter , always directing the spray towards the wall surface , also covering the excavated earth.
Break the mounds and dig the soil upto 30cms , loosen the earth and spray the earth which has been excavated @ 1.75 lits/sqmts, of the 1% emulsion.
Control on Wooden Surfaces:
Prepare a 1% solution with Kerosene ,and Trasco Termicon T.C. soak the wood for the solution for 15-20mts or spray the solution on the surface @ 120ml/Squaremeter.
The wooden surface that has been affected by Termite attack can also be treated with the above strength solution by painting the surface or spraying the surface @ 15ml per sq meter.
The same treatment is recommended for walls .cracks and crevices @ 120-150ml of the emulsion per Sq.meter of the area.
Exogenous application in areas harboring the pipes wastes and conduits:
The places where the pipes , wastes, and conduits enter the soil surface loosen the soil 15 away from the pipes, dig 7.5 cm of the earth duly excavating the earth and then thoroughly drench the soil with the 1% emulsion made in water with Trasco Termicon T.C.
For Treatment of Soil under the Ground floor level , where the wall rises:
Make 12mm holes at the junction of the floor and the walls along the place where you see cracks on the floor and also along the constructional joints at 30 cm intervals to reach the soil below.
Force the 1% emulsion made in water with Trasco Termicon T.C. in to the holes till the holes can take no more of the solution., after which seal the holes properly.
Warranty: All the product Information given in this leaflet is to the best of our knowledge
The Doses that are recommended are without any Guarantee since the conditions of the use of the product is beyond our control..
TRASCO TERMICON T.C. is available in 500ml. 1 lit. 5 lit. and 20 lit packs.
For Furthur enquiry please contact:
M/S Super Pesticides and Agro India Pvt Ltd’
168/2 Lenin Sarani
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Manufactured by :Super Agro India Pvt Ltd
Address : 168/2, Lenin Sarani, Kolkata-700 013